YSI 556 MPS Meter Tune-Up Service
- Tune-up rate for the 556 multi-parameter water quality meter
- Meters are returned with a Calibration Report to confirm that all parameters meet specifications
- Fondriest Environmental is a factory-authorized YSI Service and Repair Center
|Tune-Up 556||Tune-up YSI 556 MPS water quality meter, includes all repair labor|
|Usually ships in 1-2 weeks|
|116505||Battery cover assembly, 550A/556/650 (w/gasket & screws)|
|005511||5511 maintenance kit, 556|
|059880||5906 Teflon black 1.0 mil cap membrane kit, 85, 5905, 5010, 5239, 559 & 2003 polarographic sensors|
|605306||5908 PE yellow 1.25 mil cap membrane kit, 550A, DO200, 559 & 2003 polarographic sensors|
|605307||5909 PE blue 2.0 mil cap membrane kit, 559 & 2003 polarographic sensors|
|052380||5238 probe reconditioning kit, for use with 5239, 85, 559, 2002 & 2003 DO probes|
Quality data can be directly correlated to the condition of your monitoring equipment. Instrument check-up, characterization, and certification by a factory-authorized service center are recommended on a regular basis to help ensure data accuracy and maximize the instrument’s usable life.
Fondriest Environmental offers excellent turnaround times and low service costs on YSI 556 multi-parameter meters. Tune-Up Service covers all repair labor in addition to:
- Seal Inspection & Cleaning
- Cable Inspection & Testing
- Sensor Reconditioning & Calibration
- Circuit Board Performance & Upgrade
Upon receipt of the instrument, repair technicians will perform a free evaluation and send a detailed evaluation report and price quote via email to the point of contact.
Repairs are based on customer feedback and are performed only after approval is received. All repaired instruments are returned with a Calibration Report to confirm that system parameters meet factory specifications.
Call our Service & Repair Department at 888.426.2151 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Seals are cleaned of any contamination that may cause leakage
- Damaged or missing o-rings are replaced
- The cable is subject to a vigorous flex test to check for shorts
- Connector and ports are cleaned of any moisture and corrosion
- Sensors are reconditioned and calibrated so they are ready for use
- New DO membranes are installed with fresh electrolyte solution
- Circuit board performance is verified using a resistor box
- Software is upgraded to the latest version
- Calibration Report confirms that all parameters meet specifications
In The News
The number of coastal algae blooms has increased off California in the past 10 years and it may be due to the introduction of nutrient-rich urban wastewater.
To see if a link exists, scientists in the state are taking advantage of month-long maintenance work on pipelines within the Orange County Sanitation District that will open a temporary discharge site one mile from shore.
“It’s exceedingly rare that we have this opportunity,” said Dave Caron, professor of marine environmental biology at University of Southern California. “This long of a window hasn’t existed at any time in my memory.Read More
Quality data depends on monitoring equipment that is precisely and routinely calibrated and repaired. Fondriest’s factory-certified YSI Repair Center is staffed by trained technicians who have performed thousands of calibrations and maintenance procedures. Their experience guarantees proper and efficient work, ensuring the continued delivery of accurate, reliable data.
Once a monitoring system is set up, equipment should be inspected, reconditioned, and calibrated periodically to ensure reliable results. Quality data can be directly correlated to the condition of monitoring equipment.Read More
Since its population bottomed out, the federally-endangered Piping Plover in the Great Lakes has made a comeback for the ages.
A population that once measured approximately 17 pairs and rebounded, hitting 76 pairs in 2017. The same year that count was made, the plovers had also returned to Gull Point, a nesting location that hadn’t been used in more than 60 years.
In an effort to understand some of the conditions that have allowed this species to return to its habitat, researchers have directed their attention toward a curious instrument for help.
A buoy that floats off the coast of Presque Isle State Park , near where Gull Point is located.Read More