The week in monitoring news (Aug. 3, 2012)
By Jeff Gillies
on August 3, 2012
This week in environmental monitoring news:
- Monitoring wells drilled around Wisconsin gasoline pipeline break, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Great Lakes Observing System forecasting tool will help St. Lawrence River boaters avoid bad bumps, via the Watertown Daily Times.
- Researchers monitor ‘red tides’ in Chesapeake Bay, via Phys.Org.
- USGS monitoring finds algae toxins in Kansas River, via the El Dorado Times.
- Clam scientist funds own study to collect baseline pollution data before Northwest Passage opens to shipping, via CBC News.