The week in monitoring news (Aug. 10, 2012)
By Jeff Gillies
on August 10, 2012
This week in environmental monitoring news:
- Hoboken adding to sensors checking water levels in sewers to target flooding, via NJ.com.
- Kentucky Watershed Watch Program seeks volunteers for water quality monitoring, via LEX18.
- Remote wave sensor warns kayakers, others of dangerous water conditions, via Great Lakes Echo.
- Robot divers to report on Lake Superior’s depths, via Minnesota Public Radio.
- NASA and university scientists estimate volume of aerosols that arrive by air in North America each year, via SatNews.com.
- Federal mapping tool that aided first responders in Gulf spill expanded to Arctic, via the Maritime Executive.